Monday, October 26, 2009

Dunkin Donuts

So I'm not quite making it once a week. I feel tired and physically and emotionally drained it's hard to find the time and energy to blog. My inspiration for blogging tonight is my five year old boy, David. Friday night I woke to sobbing from David's room. I stumbled blindly down the hall to stepping on transformers and tripping on little boy laundry that was supposed to make it into the washer but did not. I climbed up to the top bunk to cuddle David. I asked him if he had a bad dream. His answer... "I dreamed we were at Dunkin Donuts and I want it to be real!" Then he sobbed even louder! It was hard not to giggle. I thought It was going to be the nightmare he has about a bee chasing him, but no he just woke up really disappointed to not be at a Dunkin Donuts. Anytime I thought about this today it made me smile. David really helped me through my day today.

4 comments:

  1. awww, poor kid! that made me smile too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : )
    If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to pop in to say Happy new Year - I hope you come back to bloggy-land in 2010 bc I miss your posts. Hope you had a Merry Christmas - peace.

    ReplyDelete