I'm trying to keep my mind off the job situation. (I'm being paid through Wed. Still don't know if gallery will be reopening) So I'm just going to go random and tell you about myself....
1. I got a lower back tattoo before people called them "Tramp Stamps." I have a total of two tattoos and wouldn't recommend getting them. I like them on my husband, but occasionally wish I didn't have mine. Sometimes you out grow things. I call the tatt in the center of my back "I'm 18 and I can do what I want!" I didn't get cartoon characters, and if you're going to get a tattoo please don't get a cartoon. I can still remember this girl in high schools simba tattoo. It was on her lower back and she must not have been in a very good position when she got it, because when she walked around it looked stretched out and warped. I thought it was funny because she was a bitch. Now that being said, if I had the money I'd probably get more, because it's too late for me. I've got them and I might as well get more. My beautiful 20 year old friend Maria told me she wanted one, and I told her not to. She's way too pretty to mar herself with ink.
2. I'm currently stuck in a cycle of Amish Friendship Bread making. My family loves it so I keep making it. I give my extra bags of fermenting batter away, and I'm pretty sure they just get tossed. My main question is, why is there instant vanilla pudding in Amish friendship bread? How Amish is that?
3. I spent the morning flooding gopher holes. I don't know if it will work but the poison pellets weren't working all that well. I'm trying to keep them from moving in on my bulbs. Next up fencing out rabbits. They ruined my grass! God Damn rabbits. My bulbs are coming up, and my small scraggly weeping cherry tree is budding. Someday it will be big and beautiful!
4. I have a small collection of Dia de los Muertos bric-a-brac. I love that stuff! I like Mexican Folk art to begin with. Santos, retablos, Oaxacan carvings, various masks, but skulls are my fave.
5. I love angry boy music. Rollins Band, Slayer, Motorhead. I also love gay boy music. Like the Pet Shop Boys and Boy George. Now that I think about it, there isn't any rhyme or reason to why I like what I do. It's just gotta rub me the right way. The cd in my car has Motorhead, David Bowie, Ludacris, Radio Head, Rollins band, the Cure, Busta Rhymes, and The Clash on it. Oh my God do I love the Clash.