Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The bottom line

I recently had to raise my prices on my etsy. You see, I never really sat down and figured out my cost. Turns out I was selling things at or below wholesale. I want to try and get some things in a few local shops and needed to Make my prices retail so as not to undercut anyone who takes my stuff. I have so many ideas of things I want to do and no capital with which to do it. This would be the perfect time to bulk up my inventory, but I'm out of supplies. I'll just have to wait till I get paid again. I got paid today, but it's all going to my mortgage. I'm house poor. Not because we took out a bad loan or anything. Just a change in income. Oh well.

Davey is in the tub. He has this rubber caterpillar that he calls his pet. He gives him baths regularly so he doesn't "Smell like a penis." His words. He'll be 5 next month.

2 comments:

  1. I read your post from June 2007 - I hope things are better now. You have beautiful jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are hard, but we're happier. So that's gotta count for something.

    I love your shop! I have a nephew on the way in june and will keep you in mind for a baby shower gift.

    ReplyDelete